Monday (Sept. 29)
Learning Target(s)
| I CAN...explain the impact big business and labor had on Industrial America. I CAN...analyze multiple viewpoints of the same historic event. I CAN...evaluate primary source documents. |
Critical Thinking Practice
| None today |
Daily Activities
| 1. Finish going over #1-4 on Haymarket Square "You Be the Judge" worksheet as a large group 2. Individually read and analyze TWO different primary source documents and answer #5-14 for BOTH documents on your worksheet 3. Small groups - you get into small groups and complete the "small group" activity part of the assignment |
Homework
| None Today |
Learning Target(s)
| I CAN...identify the hardships immigrants faced when coming to America. I CAN...analyze the impact immigrants had on American society. I CAN...connect the response some had to immigration during the Industrial Era to contemporary responses to immigration. |
Critical Thinking Practice
| NONE Today |
Daily Activities
| 1. Finish reading your assigned documents to complete the "You Be the Judge" Haymarket Riot worksheet (if absent on Monday when documents were assigned, just read ANY two) 2. Complete "The New Immigrants" reading guide -use Chapter 7 Section 1 out of the blue textbook (link to the textbook is at the tab at the top of this website) |
Homework
| The New Immigrants Reading Guide DUE:Wed (1st) |
Learning Target(s)
| I CAN...explain the impact big business and labor had on Industrial America. I CAN...use different sources and viewpoints to create a summary of an historic event. |
Critical Thinking Practice
| CNN Student News & 3 Questions |
Daily Activities
| 1. Turn in The New Immigrants Reading Guide 2. Discuss careers, education/training needed & skills employers would like employees to have 3. Haymarket Incident (You Be the Judge) - in small groups share your two documents and together gather information |
Homework
| No Homework |
Learning Target(s)
| I CAN...explain the impact big business and labor had on Industrial America. I CAN...use different sources and viewpoints to create a summary of an historic event. I CAN...choose a side in an ethical debate and defend it with evidence. |
Critical Thinking Practice
| None Today |
Daily Activities
| 1. Haymarket Incident (You Be the Judge) - in small groups share your two documents and together gather information and make a decision about the guilt or innocence of the anarchists. Defend your decision with evidence from the documents. Turn this in when complete. |
Homework
| No Homework |
NO SCHOOL - TEACHER IN-SERVICE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment