Sunday, October 5, 2014

October 6-10, 2014




Monday (Oct. 6)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...predict the impact Industrialism had on America.
I CAN...explain the impact of child labor and describe the role of schools during the Industrial Era.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Review causes of the Industrial Age
2. Predict effects of Industrialism
3. Child labor and schools during the Industrial Era - Read handout "Reading Further - Children at Work" and answer 4 questions in your notebook - see image below from the notebook (select to make larger):


Homework
None
Tuesday (Oct. 7)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify and analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in America.
I CAN...explain the impact of child labor and describe the role of schools during the Industrial Era.
Crit.Think. Practice
Article and questions
Daily Activities
1. Go over child labor reading and questions.
2. Problems Caused by Industrialization & Rapid Urbanization Reading Assignment and Notetaking Guide
Homework
Finish "Problems" Notetaking Guide above - DUE WED (8th) 
Wednesday (Oct. 8)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify and analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in America.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Collect Problems Caused by Industrialization...Note-Taking Worksheet
2. Understanding and using historic evidence: How to Analyze a Photograph
3. Together, model note-taking and photo analysis with the first few slides (below)
4. On your own, SELECT HERE to open the powerpoint "Industrial Era Children" (or you can find it in the "Assignments..." tab above) - HINT: To do this assignment you must be able to READ THE NOTES under the slides.  Make sure you open with "Presentation" if it doesn't do that automatically for you.  You will need to go through the slides in this mode (where you can read my "presenter notes" under the slide) or you will be unable to do the assignment correctly.  If you cannot see the notes, select "Open" at the top until it takes you to this mod OR at the bottom left of the screen, hover over the screen until a control bar appears - select "Options (a picture of a gear) and view "speaker notes".)
Homework
None
Thursday (Oct. 9)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify and analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in America.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News (no questions today)
Daily Activities
1. Finish "Part 2" on Problems Caused by Industrialization note-taking worksheet (LINK FOR POWERPOINT is in yesterday's blog entry)  
2. Turn in "Problems..." worksheet (Part 2) when done
Homework
Finish Powerpoint Notes if not done DUE:FRIDAY(10th)
Friday (Oct.10)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify and analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in America, particularly the working poor.
I CAN...describe the orphan train program and identify the positive and negative effects it had on the children.
I CAN...determine how the orphan train program, and how it was carried out, reflects American society and values during this time period.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Large group discussion - reflection on powerpoint information - child labor, schools, living conditions, etc.
2. Start documentary "Orphan Trains" and take notes (SEE "Class Assignments..." tab above for worksheet and instructions for what to do to make up documentary information if you were absent)
Homework
None

No comments:

Post a Comment