Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20-24, 2014

Monday (Oct. 20)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify what I know and what I don't know for an upcoming unit assessment and use re-teaching and study strategies to prepare myself for the assessment.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN - No questions today
Daily Activities
1. "Growth, Cities & Immigration - Crash Course U.S. History #25" Review Video
SELECT HERE to watch review video
2. Put packet together
3. "Industrial Era Study Guide" - work on this
Homework
~Complete Study Guide DUE:WED(22nd)
~Study for test on Wednesday
 *Complete and quiz yourself on study guide
 *Watch "Crash Course" review videos:
  SELECT HERE for Industrial Economy
  SELECT HERE for Growth, Cities & Immigration
 *Go to your email and look over the "Industrial Economy     Quiz" questions
 *Chapters 6 & 7 are where a lot of the info comes from
Tuesday (Oct. 21)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify what I know and what I don't know for an upcoming unit assessment and use re-teaching and study strategies to prepare myself for the assessment.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Short overview of Industrial Age immigration (to support the reading guide)
2. Work on Study Guide
Homework
Finish study guide and study for test tomorrow (Wed.22nd)!!
(SEE Monday blog for study tips)
Wednesday (Oct. 22)
Learning Target(s)
All from the unit
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Turn in Packets & Study Guide
2. Industrial Era Test 
-Multiple Choice (causes, big business, labor, immigration)
-Short Answer - causes
-Short Answer - effects (problems faced by working poor & immigrants)
Homework
None
Thursday (Oct. 23)
Learning Target(s)
All from unit for test
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
None
Daily Activities
1. Industrial Era Test 
-Analyzing photos as primary sources
-Create a "book cover" to symbolize the main topics (and your understanding of them) of the Industrial Age
2. Work on "Political Corruption During the Industrial Era Reading Guide" 
Homework
Political Corruption" Reading Guide DUE:MON(27th)
Friday (Oct.24)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News (no questions today)
Daily Activities
1. Reading Guide - Political Corruption during the Industrial Age
2. Review / reinforcement of learning video "Crash Course: Politics during the Guilded [Industrial] Age"
Homework
Finish Reading Guide (above) DUE:MON(27th)

No comments:

Post a Comment