Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 13-17, 2014



Monday (Oct. 13)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...identify and analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in America, particularly the working poor.
I CAN...describe the orphan train program and identify the positive and negative effects it had on the children.
I CAN...determine how the orphan train program, and how it was carried out, reflects American society and values during this time period.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Finish Orphan Trains - finish documentary
2. Small group discussion of video notes
Homework
None
Tuesday (Oct. 14)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in the U.S., particularly the working poor.
I CAN...evaluate the experiences of immigrants to the U.S. during the Industrial Age and explain how these experiences reflect the values, viewpoints and fears of American society during this time period.
I CAN...read a variety of sources to synthesize information about immigration during the Industrial Era.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News (no questions today)
Daily Activities
1. Orphan Trains - Summative Asssessment (finish & turn in)
2. Immigration Webquest - Here are the links to the websites:
SELECT HERE for the website that is used for Questions #1-5
SELECT HERE for the website that is used for Questions #6-8
SELECT HERE for the website that is used for Questions #9-11
SELECT HERE for the website that is used for Questions #12-19
SELECT HERE for the website that is used for Questions #20-24
Homework
None
Wednesday (Oct. 15)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in the U.S., particularly the working poor.
I CAN...evaluate the experiences of immigrants to the U.S. during the Industrial Age and explain how these experiences reflect the values, viewpoints and fears of American society during this time period.
I CAN...read a variety of sources to synthesize information about immigration during the Industrial Era.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN & Questions
Daily Activities
1. Work on Webquest
Homework
None
Thursday (Oct. 16)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in the U.S., particularly the working poor.
I CAN...evaluate the experiences of immigrants to the U.S. during the Industrial Age and explain how these experiences reflect the values, viewpoints and fears of American society during this time period.
I CAN...read a variety of sources to synthesize information about immigration during the Industrial Era.
Crit.Think. Practice
None
Daily Activities
1. Work on Webquest
Homework
Webquest DUE FRIDAY(17th)
Friday (Oct.17)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...analyze the impact Industrialization had on people in the U.S., particularly the working poor.
I CAN...evaluate the experiences of immigrants to the U.S. during the Industrial Age and explain how these experiences reflect the values, viewpoints and fears of American society during this time period.
I CAN...read a variety of sources to synthesize information about immigration during the Industrial Era.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News & Question
Daily Activities
1. Turn in Immigration Webquest
2. In small groups, go over "The New Immigrants" Reading Guide
Homework
Finish Webquest if you have not already

No comments:

Post a Comment