Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 27-31, 2014

Monday (Oct. 27)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Turn in Political Corruption in the Industrial Age Reading Guide
2. Review / reinforcement of learning video "Crash Course: Politics during the Guilded [Industrial] Age"
3. Review patronage, graft, kickback, political machine (Tammany Hall) and Boss Tweed
4. In notebook, write down 5 topics to listen for when watching the documentary"
     -Examples of patronage
     -Examples of graft
     -Examples of kickbacks
     -How did Boss Tweed/Tammany Hall stay in power? / What positive things did they         do for New York?
     -How was Boss Tweed/Tammany Hall brought down?
5. Start watching documentary "Boss Tweed"
Homework
None
Tuesday (Oct. 28)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
C
Daily Activities
1. Finish documentary and notes (see above) for "Boss Tweed"
Homework
F
Wednesday (Oct. 29)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN - No questions today
Daily Activities
1. Review & discuss political corruption - QUIZ tomorrow
2. Use this website for the immigration research
Homework
Study for Quiz - use your "Political Corruption" Reading Guide, your notes from the Boss Tweed documentary & the "Crash Course" review video (link is on Monday (27th) blog)
Thursday (Oct. 30)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Select ethnic group for your project
2. Use the website from yesterday's blog (Oct. 29) to start researching
3. Here is the link to the immigration research resource page - use this as you are finding more information for your worksheet and the project
Homework
Study for Political Corruption Quiz tomorrow
Friday (Oct. 31)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age.
I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics.
I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Take the "Political Corruption Quiz" - this is a summative score.
2. When done, turn in your worksheets from this topic.
3. Work on your research for your immigration project - use the "immigration research resource page" (linked in the blog from Thursday (30th)) to complete the research assignment

Homework
Work on immigration research assignment DUE:TUES(4TH)

No comments:

Post a Comment