Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15-19, 2014

Monday (Dec. 15)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the causes, effects and major events of the Spanish American War.
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
1. Finish Spanish American War Assessment
2. Check off completion of APPARTS documents with Mrs.K
3. Start reasons FOR and reasons AGAINST imperialism worksheet to prep for paper
Homework
APPARTS documents must be done for tomorrow if not already
Tuesday (Dec. 16)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
I CAN...look at one historic event from multiple points of view.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
I CAN...write arguments to support claims using valid reasoning and relevant and appropriate evidence.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
1. Packet Check - Imperialism Packet completion check (entire packet done)
2. Work on "U.S. was justified and was NOT justified" charts - show Mrs. K when done
3. Start paper outline
Homework
Finish Justified/Not Justified charts DUE:WED(17th)
Wednesday (Dec. 17)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
I CAN...look at one historic event from multiple points of view.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
I CAN...write arguments to support claims using valid reasoning and relevant and appropriate evidence.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. When you finish your "Justified / Not Justified Charts you can start your PAPER OUTLINE
Homework

Thursday (Dec. 18)
Learning Target(s)
SAME AS WEDNESDAY!!
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
1. SAME AS WEDNESDAY!!!
Homework
F
Friday (Dec. 19)
Learning Target(s)
SAME AS WEDNESDAY!!
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. SELECT HERE for a step-by-step guide for how to write your paper outline AND actual paragraphs for the paper.  This also includes examples from a persuasive essay to use as a guide.
2. FINISH OUTLINES FOR MONDAY!!
Homework
F

No comments:

Post a Comment