Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1-5, 2014

Monday (Dec. 1)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
1. Turn in Immigration Projects (be sure to turn in info worksheet with the project)
2. Work on Imperialism/Expansionism Reading Guide
SELECT HERE for the Text Reading
Homework
Reading Guide #1-2 DUE:TUES(2nd)
Tuesday (Dec. 2)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
I CAN...look at one historic event from multiple points of view.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
Crit.Think. Practice
 None Today
Daily Activities
Imperialism/Expansionism Reading Guide
-For #1-6, use the text reading handout OR SELECT HERE for the handout
-For #7, use THIS LINK FOR THE SHORT DOCUMENTARY
(-After #10, directions are on tomorrow's blog post**)
Homework
Finish #1-10 DUE:WED(3rd)
Wednesday (Dec. 3)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
I CAN...look at one historic event from multiple points of view.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
I CAN...write arguments to support claims using valid reasoning and relevant and appropriate evidence.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
Imperialism/Expansionism Reading Guide
(**Directions for #1-10 are on yesterday's blog post**)
-After #10, Follow the directions below.  After selecting and looking over each text document or artifact, fill out a row on the APPARTS chart in your packet.
1. Go to "A Growing Global Power" webpage from learner.org
   -Read the short introduction
2. Select "More" for Theme 1
    -Read the Introductory Information   
    -CHOOSE 4 "Text" Documents (2 FOR expansionism and 2 AGAINST expansionism)
    -CHOOSE 1 "Artifact" 
3. Go back to main page (use link above OR back arrow) Select "More" for Theme 2.
    -Read the Introductory Information   
    -CHOOSE 1 "Artifact" 
4. Go back to main page (use link above OR back arrow) Select "More" for Theme 3.
    -Read the Introductory Information   
    -CHOOSE the one "Text" 
Homework
Make sure you are done with #1-10 - check on these tomorrow
Thursday (Dec. 4)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...comprehend & analyze primary source documents and artifacts.
Crit.Think. Practice
None
Daily Activities
1. APPARTS - do an example together as a class
3. Continue working on Imperialism packet - SEE BLOGS FROM TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND LINKS
Homework
None (if not caught up with #1-10 in packet, finish this!!)
Friday (Dec. 5)
No School - Teacher In-Service

No comments:

Post a Comment