Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8-12, 2014

Monday (Dec. 8)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
I CAN...look at one historic event from multiple points of view.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
I CAN...write arguments to support claims using valid reasoning and relevant and appropriate evidence.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
1. Go over summative assessments & organize class folders
2. Work on primary documents
Homework
APPARTS Chart (in Imperialism Reading Guide) DUE:WED(10th)
Tuesday (Dec. 9)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
I CAN...look at one historic event from multiple points of view.
I CAN...analyze primary sources to better understand an historic event.
I CAN...write arguments to support claims using valid reasoning and relevant and appropriate evidence.
Crit.Think. Practice
C
Daily Activities
Imperialism/Expansionism APPARTS Chart Directions
-After #10, Follow the directions below.  After selecting and looking over each text document or artifact, fill out a row on the APPARTS chart in your packet.
1. Go to "A Growing Global Power" webpage from learner.org
   -Read the short introduction
2. Select "More" for Theme 1
    -Read the Introductory Information   
    -CHOOSE 4 "Text" Documents (2 FOR expansionism and 2 AGAINST expansionism)
    -CHOOSE 1 "Artifact" 
3. Go back to main page (use link above OR back arrow) Select "More" for Theme 2.
    -Read the Introductory Information   
    -CHOOSE 1 "Artifact" 
4. Go back to main page (use link above OR back arrow) Select "More" for Theme 3.
    -Read the Introductory Information   
    -CHOOSE the one "Text" 
Homework
APPARTS Chart (in Imperialism Reading Guide) DUE:THURS(11th)
Wednesday (Dec. 10)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
Crit.Think. Practice
None today
Daily Activities
1. Go over different types of diplomacy and reasons for expansion and imperialism
2. Crash Course Review: U.S. Imperialism
Homework
None
Thursday (Dec. 11)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
Crit.Think. Practice
CNN Student News
Daily Activities
1. Small groups - answer questions based on assigned nation in the U.S. sphere of influence
2. Share with the class
Homework
None
Friday (Dec. 12)
Learning Target(s)
I CAN...explain the causes, effects and major events of the Spanish American War.
I CAN…infer if U.S. interventions abroad between 1890 and 1917 were motivated by realism or by idealism.
I CAN…evaluate if imperialism/expansionism OR isolationism was the best policy for America during 1890 and 1917 and why.
Crit.Think. Practice
None Today
Daily Activities
Activity 1: Spanish American War Webquest
Use the worksheet from Mrs. Kreibich to write your answers.  Start with the "webquest" side.  The live links for the worksheet are listed here:
SELECT HERE FOR LINKS FOR WEBQUEST

Activity 2: Spanish American War Summative Assessment
Part 2: Complete the "Who, when, what, where, why, how and significance of the Spanish American War" worksheet.  Start by using information from Chapter 10 Section 2 (see "RESOURCES" tab above for link to the online textbook) of the textbook and the webquest on the other side of the worksheet. 

TURN IN YOUR SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR WORKSHEETS at the end of the hour!!!

Homework
Finish Primary Documents from the APPARTS chart in the packet (directs are on Tuesday's blog above)

No comments:

Post a Comment