Learning Target(s)
| I CAN...explain the role of political machines in large cities in America during the Industrial Age. I CAN...differentiate patronage and the civil service system and connect how each impacted American politics. I CAN...compare problems facing the American political system during the Industrial Age to problems today. |
Crit.Think. Practice
| None Today |
Daily Activities
| 1. Look over Industrial Age Test 2. Take the "Political Corruption Quiz" - this is a summative score. 3. When done, turn in all of your worksheets from this topic. 4. Work on your research for your immigration project - use the "immigration research resource page" to complete the research assignment |
Homework
| Ethnic Immigration Web Assignment DUE:Tues(4th) |
Learning Target(s)
|
I CAN…recall, select,
and explain the significance of important people, their work, and their ideas
in the areas of political and intellectual leadership, inventions, discoveries,
and the arts, within each major era of Wisconsin, United States.
I CAN…explain significant
changes caused by technology, industrialization, urbanization, and population
growth, and analyze the effects of these changes in the United States and the
world.
I CAN…explain the history of slavery, racial and ethnic
discrimination, and efforts to eliminate discrimination in the United States
and elsewhere in the world.
I CAN...create a project to demonstrate my understanding of American immigration.
|
Crit.Think. Practice
| CNN - No questions today |
Daily
Activities | 1.Finish the "Ethnic Immigration Web Assignment" (use the "immigration research resource page") 2. When you finish, start your project (see below)
FOR IMMIGRATION PROJECT:
***To earn a max score of “2”
– Mind Map***
Use
the information to create a “poster” in the form of a mind map (webbed
information using information AND visuals). Be sure to clearly label your chosen ethnic
group in the middle of the paper and show the groups push factors, pull
factors, contributions and struggles. It
should also have a map of the U.S. to SHOW where your ethnic group settled in
the U.S., how many during each “wave” and during what years.
***To
earn a max score of a “3 or 4” – Children’s Book***
Children’s picture books
not only capture the mind through the use of powerful and beautiful images, but
they have the ability to teach readers of all ages about a specific story or
theme from history. The goal of this project is to use the information to
create a storybook with an original story, historical references and
illustrations. RUBRIC FOR PROJECT WILL COME TOMORROW!! |
Homework
| Ethnic Immigration Web Assignment DUE:WED(5th) Immigration Project DUE:??TBA?? |
Learning Target(s)
|
I CAN…recall, select, and explain the significance of important people, their work, and their ideas in the areas of political and intellectual leadership, inventions, discoveries, and the arts, within each major era of Wisconsin, United States.
I CAN…explain significant changes caused by technology, industrialization, urbanization, and population growth, and analyze the effects of these changes in the United States and the world.
I CAN…explain the history of slavery, racial and ethnic discrimination, and efforts to eliminate discrimination in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
I CAN...create a project to demonstrate my understanding of American immigration.
|
Crit.Think. Practice
| None |
Daily Activities
| 1. Work on Immigration Project - select on THIS LINK for a folder that has all needed resources for the project |
Homework
| Work on Immigration Project - DUE: T.B.A. |
Learning Target(s)
|
I CAN…recall, select, and explain the significance of important people, their work, and their ideas in the areas of political and intellectual leadership, inventions, discoveries, and the arts, within each major era of Wisconsin, United States.
I CAN…explain significant changes caused by technology, industrialization, urbanization, and population growth, and analyze the effects of these changes in the United States and the world.
I CAN…explain the history of slavery, racial and ethnic discrimination, and efforts to eliminate discrimination in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
I CAN...create a project to demonstrate my understanding of American immigration.
|
Crit.Think. Practice
| None today |
Daily Activities
| 1. Go over directions for Progressive Era unit packets - due at the end of next week 2. Work time on Immigration Project (see link for project folder in yesterday's blog) |
Homework
| Immigration Project & Progressive Packet |
Friday (Nov. 7)
NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment